Rustic Copper Leather Hair Barrette
Free shipping on orders over $35.
One tree planted for every item purchased!
A simple rustic copper finish on leather gives this hair barrette a metallic look, without the heaviness of metal. Hand dyed and painted. Perfect for everyday use. It makes a great gift for anyone with long hair, a nice practical alternative to jewelry.
Sustainably handmade from recycled biodegradable remnant leather, plastic free with minimal packaging.
What size barrette should I get?
Large is a standard "large" barrette
- The clip: 3" (80mm)
- Leather upper design piece is 3.75" x .75" (100mm x 20mm)
- Perfect for ponytails, and half up-dos for thicker hair.
Extra Large is great for long, thick and curly hair
- The clip: 4" (100mm).
- Leather upper design piece is 4.75" x .75" (120mm x 20mm)
- Hard-to-find size, perfect for thick or curly hair, or for twisted updos for longer hair.
Small barrettes are great for fine hair and side wear
- Clip size: approximately 2.25" / 60 mm
- Leather piece is 2.75" / 70 mm x .6"/ 14 mm
- French style spring tension clip, for strong hold with a variety of hair types
- Includes 1 barrette + coordinating leather bar earrings. packaged together on a single paper card
- Size refers to barrette, as noted above.
- Allergy-safe wire ear hook
- Available for most but not all designs.
Functional beauty, quality craftsmanship
Or should we say, crafts-woman-ship? All barrettes are handmade, originally created for their designers' own long hair, with consideration not only for beauty, but also functionality, comfort and durability using eco-friendly materials and practices. The clips themselves are large, high quality, sturdy French-style metal barrette clips with tension bar. The leather is very securely attached to the clip with metal rivets that will be nearly impossible to remove.
FREE Shipping on USA orders over $35!
Processing time: orders are typically shipped within 1-3 business days, and are delivered to addresses in the USA within a week or less.
Standard Shipping is free to the USA for orders with a total value of $35+. All products ship from my Lexington, Massachusetts (USA) studio using USPS First Class or International Shipping, depending on your location.
For more info: platypusmax.com/policies/shipping-policy
Recycled mailers are used whenever possible, for a minimal environmental impact.
Customers outside of the USA may (or may not) be charged import tariffs / fees, which are beyond my control and you would be responsible for.
Refunds, Returns & Exchanges are accepted for within 30 days of receiving your order for like-new items. The buyer is just responsible for return shipping. More info: platypusmax.com/policies/refund-policy
Please note that you will not be receiving the exact item seen in the photographs, but one that is extremely similar. My products are made by hand using natural materials, so there is some variation from piece to piece, but don't worry, all item I ship are very similar to and, of course, just as beautiful as the ones you are looking at!
Your purchase of this item will also plant a tree! Learn more