Barrette Info & Sizing
Decorative and Functional Design
I spend a lot of time testing my clips to make sure they are comfortable to wear and won't fall apart after months of use doing...well...everything in them, including running! I love the extra large size for tidy twists, and also wear the (smaller) "large" size for ponytails and more free-form twists, and find that hairs don't get uncomfortably ripped and pulled as they do with many other barrettes I own.
The clips themselves are large, high quality, sturdy French-style metal barrette clips with tension bar. The leather is very securely attached to the clip with metal rivets that will not come off without significant effort/power tools. They are available in a variety of designs, colors and textures.
Many barrette designs are available in either a large or "extra large" size; some one-of-a-kind items are only available in one size. Here's the difference:
- The clip: 3" (80mm)
- Leather upper design piece is 3.75" x .75" (100mm x 20mm)
- Perfect for ponytails, half up-dos for thicker hair, and twists for long thinner hair.
- The clip: 4" (100mm).
- Leather upper design piece is 4.75" x .75" (120mm x 20mm)
- A hard-to-find size giant size, perfect for thick or curly hair, or for twisted updos for longer hair.
- In other words, it's really big. It holds a lot of hair!
Some colors are experimental, but the following are standard options, which could be applied for any custom orders.
Please fill out the contact form if you have a custom request. Other than one-of-a-kind designs, I can typically accommodate requests for custom text messages (with character limits) and color requests from my existing palette. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!